How To Tailgate Successfully
Now that football season is underway, I should chat with you on proper tailgating etiquette. Let me help you do this right!
1. Go to bed early the night before. You need to get up early to get a spot close to the stadium.
2. Don’t bring frozen hamburger patties. Show some respect for your visitors, yourself and the tailgating tradition itself. Make your own burgers from ground beef.
3. Bring a lot of food, enough to share, with the TG-ers on each side of you.
4. Bring extra ice . . . more than you think you could ever possibly use… You will use it.
5. Bring a TV. You can get 12volt TV’s or a power inverter to run the flat screen from your living room to keep up with the other games.
6. BE CLEAN!!! Pick up your mess.
7. Grab a case of beer and take it with you as you walk around the parking lot and talk to other TG-ers. If you’re single, walking around with beer you’re willing to share is a good idea, for obvious reasons.
8. This should be obvious, but don’t get yourself so drunk that you miss the game.