8 Ways to Grill an Amazing Burger
Memorial Day is Monday and that means many of us will find ourselves outside at some point this weekend grilling up some burgers. It also means that, unless you're a pro, you might make one of these very common mistakes. Here are eight things you shouldn't do if you want to grill the perfect burger.
1. Don't buy cheap, lean or frozen burgers. A burger needs fat.
2. Don't add things to the meat like onions or parsley or Worcestershire sauce, as tempting as it might be.
3. Don't make perfectly round patties without putting a divot in the middle with your finger. This will keep it from ballooning up.
4. Don't be afraid of the heat. Turn it up real hot and place your burgers down.
5. Don't smash your burgers with the spatula as it's cooking. You'll lose all the juices.
6. Don't cut it open to see if it's done. Again, you'll lose the juices.
7. Don't be in a rush to eat your burger. Let it sit for a little while so that the juices can be evenly distributed.
8. Don't forget to add toppings. Lots of toppings. After you've cooked your burger.