Goofing Off at Work
I just found out last Wednesday March 22nd was National Goof Off Day and I missed it, so how much time do we waste goofing off at work?
I have been on both sides of the coin as the employee who just isn’t feeling motivated, and the supervisor who needs his people to be productive.
The typical goof offs include the ever-popular hiding in the restroom in a stall until your legs go numb to hovering around the kitchen area getting coffee and chatting with anyone that happens to be in the vicinity.
I think we have all had those days when we just didn’t feel like doing anything, and trying to get yourself motivated seems impossible.
So what are the most popular ways Americans Goof Off?
- How about surfing the internet, checking your Facebook page, or watching YouTube videos?
- I once watched an entire movie waiting for a person to show up for a job interview, I became so engrossed in the movie I forgot I was at work. (I’ll reveal the movie later in this blog)
- How about calling or texting your friends.
- Complaining to your coworkers about the boss.
- Did you ever just sit there in deep thought about something.
- I think many of us have been caught up in gossiping from time to time.
So how much time do we actually waste each year goofing off? I’m sure it varies from person to person and adds up to a lot of wasted time.
Oh and the movie I was watching ironically “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’
Got a few hours watch it HERE