Five Foods That Fight Stinky Breath
If you rolled over this morning to hug on your significant other and were greeted with something that smelled pretty much like dragon breath, you might want to share this with them.
According to Eating Well, there are 5 very common things you can eat and drink every day to fight atrocious smelling breath.
1. Black or Green Tea. Black and green tea both contain polyphenols, which fight bad breath by preventing the growth of bacteria in your mouth. Leave out the sugar for best results.
2. Yogurt. Unsweetened yogurt is a great defense against bad breath, because the active yogurt cultures compete with other bacteria in your mouth. Yogurt also gives you healthier teeth.
3. Water. The bacteria that cause bad breath live best in a dry mouth. Drinking water keeps them from growing, and helps with saliva production.
4. Parsley, Basil . . . and Spinach. Herbs like parsley and basil are also high in polyphenols, which fight bacteria and help to break down sulfur compounds. Look for ways to combine parsley and basil in the same dish with garlic or onions. Spinach works great too.
5. Apples. Apples also have a lot of polyphenols, so they're great for breaking down sulfur compounds that cause bad breath.
Source: Eating Well