Five Cancer Fighting Spices
Ever since my Dad was diagnosed with cancer, I’ve done a ton of research on how to prevent the spread of cancer in those who have it and for those without, how to fight it off. For instance, did you know that cancer feeds off sugar and sugar and causes it to spread more rapidly?
If you don’t have the following 5 spices in your cabinet and aren’t incorporating them into your meals, you might want to consider it because these spices are known to fight cancer.
1. Turmeric- Researchers say turmeric not only fights cancer, but contains an entire spectrum of other health benefits, including inflammation-fighting compounds called curcuminoids. These compounds may help prevent Alzheimer’s, arthritis, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
2. Ginger- This spice holds anti-inflammatory properties and shows promise in treating cancer, osteoarthritis and, when used topically, rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Cinnamon- Cinnamon protects against Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Just half a teaspoon taken daily lowers blood glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. It also counteracts congestion, may be useful treating osteoarthritis and improves blood circulation.
4. Cayenne Pepper- Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, yet another cancer preventative. When used in mass it can cause heartburn but a little sprinkled onto everyday foods should be enough for you to see the benefits. Cayenne peppers are full of beta carotene, other antioxidants and immune boosters and helps to build healthy mucous membranes tissues – our first level of defense against bacteria and viruses.
5. Garlic- Garlic is one of the most potent weapons in preventing cancer, particularly colon cancer. Daily garlic consumption can lower total cholesterol and triglyceride levels by 10 percent and has the added benefit of keeping vampires at bay.