Dancing with the Stars: Meet the New Cast
Replacing Brooke Burke with Erin Andrews isn’t the only change ‘Dancing with the Stars’ is making this season.
I haven’t watched ‘Dancing with the Stars’ since the first season, but now that there are two women competing from two shows that were on when I was younger that I loved, I might have to check it out this year.
On Good Morning America yesterday, host Tom Bergeron revealed that ‘Dancing with the Stars’ has added a new twist this season–for the first time ever, viewers will be allowed to vote to switch celebrities and their pro partners.
So who are the celebrities competing this season? Here’s the list:
- Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes-interesting fact: NeNe worked as an exotic dancer named Silk before she met her husband and started her family.
- Olympic Gold medal-winning ice dancing team Charlie White and Meryl Davis-interesting fact: Charlie started playing violin when he was four and played in a string quartet through high school.
- Former NHL star Sean Avery– interesting fact: Sean has been rumored to be dating Bravo’s Andy Cohen, but he’s actually engaged to Victoria’s Secret supermodel Hilary Rhoda.
- Former Full House star Candace Cameron Bure-interesting fact: Candace is the sister of Kirk Cameron and began her acting career in TV commercials at the age of 5.
- Price is Right host Drew Carey-interesting fact: according to his autobiography, Drew was born with 6 toes on his right foot.
- The Wonder Years’ Danica McKellar– interesting fact: Danica is a math wiz who even accomplished proving a new math theorem called the Chayes-McKellar-Winn Theorem.
- Star Wars’ Billy Dee Williams-interesting fact: Billy studied at Sidney Poitier’s acting workshop in the late ’50s.
- Double amputee snowboarding champ Amy Purdy– interesting fact: at 19, Amy came down with Neisseria meningitis and both of her legs had to be amputated below the knee.
- Australian pop singer Cody Simpson-interesting fact: at 7, Cody wrote his first song. The first couple of lyrics were:“I bought some chickens, I changed their diapers.”
- Long distance swimmer Diana Nyad– interesting fact: on Labor Day 2013, Diana achieved her dream, swimming 110 miles between Havana and Key West.
- Big Time Rush’s James Maslow-at the age of ten, James worked with the San Diego Opera Company.
The 18th season of “DWTS” will premiere on ABC on March 17.