Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Looking to do a little something different for breakfast this morning? I love making this recipe and it's kid and adult approved.
- 1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake cinnamon rolls as directed on package. Let rolls cool completely.
- Spray griddle or 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat griddle to 375°F or heat skillet over medium heat. Slice each roll in half crosswise.
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup and the vanilla until blended. Dip each cinnamon roll slice into egg mixture, turning to coat completely. Place on griddle. Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In small bowl, whisk reserved icing, the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and enough warm water to create a pourable syrup consistency. I love vanilla, so I added a little extra to this mixture.
- Serve over cinnamon roll French toast.