Christmas Appetizer: Easy Homemade Cheese Balls
When my sister asked me to bring an appetizer for Christmas, this was a no brainer. Simple to make and absolutely delicious.
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 oz., 2 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- 1 cup of crushed pecans
In large bowl combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, red pepper, onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, cayenne and salt. Mix well. Shape into a ball, or into 24 smaller balls. Pop in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours. Pour chopped pecans on a plate and roll the ball (or small balls) around in the nuts to coat. Serve with crackers.
See? I told you it was easy (and a LOT cheaper to make than to buy pre-made)!