Cancer Benefit For Corporal Brian Covert
Corporal Brian Frank Covert served 14 years of active duty in the Army and 8 years in the Army Reserves. He had 4 deployments to Iraq (twice), Korea and Bosnia. Brian knows what it means to be in combat and now he's in a new battle.
He was diagnosed with Stage 3 Melanoma in 2015 and after surgery and intensive treatment, he was declared cancer free. In April 2018, it was discovered that the cancer had returned and now he's fighting for his life.
He receives help through the VA system since medically retiring from active duty and is seeking treatment outside of the VA system. It's very costly and his insurance benefit cover 80% and he's responsible for the remaining 20%
This is a way to let him know his service to our country matters and we are grateful for his sacrifice. Brian is a father to MacKenzie (19) and Zachary (14) and they would appreciate your support too.
There will be a benefit for the Staff Sergeant and Squad Leader of the 18th Airborne on Saturday, December 8th. It's at the Elks Lodge, 1 Trim Street in Kirkwood from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
You can get advance tickets for $8 or $10 day of the benefit. $5 for ages 5-10, under 5 are free and a family of 5 is $30. It'll be a Baked Ziti Dinner with a bake sale, live music, Chinese Raffle and more.
For more information, looking to help or donate go here or contact Michele at (607) 743-3352, Janet (607) 744-7337 or Melanie (607)761-2840.
Donations can also be made to an account in Brian Covert’s name at SEFCU.
[via Benefit for Brian Covert]