Binghamton War Vet and Volunteer Firefighter Loses Everything in House Fire
Sue Tong and Mike Swartwood are Binghamton residents who lost everything they own in a house fire on Sunday.
Mike was part of the Vietnam era in the medical field and has been a member of the Town of Binghamton volunteer fire company for the last 18 years. Sue works in the the government contractor field. Both have been proud members of the Town of Binghamton community for over 50 years and both suffered a devastating loss on Sunday as their house and everything they own went up in flames.
Family members are asking for help from our community. If you’d like to assist this couple, they’re in desperate need of things for their animals, which include three Dalmatians, two beagles and a cat. The dogs eat Purina pro plan chicken and rice formula and Mike and Sue are also in need of old linens for their pets.
Also, because they lost everything, Mike and Sue are in need of every day items such as toiletries and clothing. They also need cleaning supplies and other basics that you and I take for granted.
If you’d like to help this family, please call their nephew Kane at 607-427-5756 for information on what specific things you can donate to help this couple get back on their feet.