Big Game Bites: Countdown to the Big Game Recipe #7
The BIG game is only one day away and if you’re looking for some inspiration for food to serve to your big game guests, I’ve got it for you right here! Today’s recipe is all about bratwurst stewed with sauerkraut a great combo with a good beer.
Bratwurst Stewed with Sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds bratwurst
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1tablespoon caraway seed
- 4 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 baguette
- In a large pan, heat oil over high heat. Brown bratwurst tin oil and reduce heat to medium. Add onions and garlic and cook until lightly caramelized.
- Add stock, paprika, caraway seeds, and sauerkraut and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh dill. Serve on baguette.