Big Game Bites: Countdown to the Big Game Recipe #5
The BIG game is only three days away and if you’re looking for some inspiration for food to serve to your big game guests, I’ve got it for you right here! Every day from today through Sunday (the day of the BIG game) I’ll be posting a different easy to make recipe that your football loving friends will enjoy. Today’s recipe is a delicious ham BBQ sandwich that I know you’re gonna love!
Ham BBQ Sandwich
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds chipped chopped ham
- 8 Kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup pickle relish
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the onions in the butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the ketchup, vinegar, water, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce into the skillet with the onions; simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the ham; cook until heated through and the sauce is bubbling, 5 to 7 minutes more. While the ham simmers, heat the Kaiser rolls in the preheated oven until toasted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwiches by dividing the ham mixture among the toasted Kaiser rolls, topping the ham with pickle relish.
- Serve hot.