A Peek Into Christmas With My Family
I’ve got a huge family (there are 7 of us kids) so any time we get together, its an interesting adventure. My Christmas started off with visiting my parents who are housebound as Dad is recovering from a bone marrow transplant. I enjoyed my time playing with the little kids and sipping coffee and catching up with Mom and Dad. After their house I went to my sister Beth’s house. Beth is a Christmas-a-holic who loves to host our family every year. I’ve got no complains. Beth and her mother in law do the cooking and the cleaning and everything in between and I just have to show up. Winning!
Highlights from my family Christmas this year included:
- Learning that when my sister Beth was little she wanted to be a Klingon.
- Receiving a Santa hat with a crown (the joke in my family is that I’m the Queen of everything)
- Learning that my brother Jeff hated his outtie belly button so much that he had surgery to turn it into an innie (there’s a pic in the gallery below!). Beth’s comment was great. She said “what’d they do? Pop it? Beth is blonde. For real blonde, not dyed like I am. And I love the random things that come out of her mouth.
- Giving my sister in law Meg her ugly Christmas outfit. She hated it. With a passion. And I couldn’t stop laughing at her expense! It was worth every penny.
- Playing Apples to Apples with the adults and getting into loud and silly debates as to why my card should be picked as the winner.
- Receiving a new set of dishes from my sister (they’re read and black and square in shape).
- Watching my brother Jeff and nephew Kayden dance Gangnam Style (video is below).
- Dressing up the dogs in Christmas outfits. Too adorable!
- Spending time with those I love.
Gangnam Jeffrey Style: