A Modern Take On Classic Patriotic Phrases
July 4th is our Independence Day. It’s the most patriotic day of the year. The word “patriotism” comes from the Latin word “patria.” It means “Fatherland.” Wow, nothing say’s celebrating America more then a Latin word.
So if you’re a patriotic American, you’re saying the U.S. is your Fatherland. So In honor of today, I give you modern takes on classic Patriotic Phrases.
5) Never look back…..unless you are backing up.
4) A penny saved….doesn’t even cover today’s gallon of gas price increase.
3) I have not yet begun to fight….for a lower cable or satellite bill.
2) Give me Liberty.…or any other horse that’s available to ride in the parade.
1) My only regret is that I have but one….remote for my television.
In all seriousness, while you are enjoying all the many activities today, take the time to remember the great freedoms we still enjoy in this country. We may not have as many as we used too but it’s still an awesome country.