5 Things Stores Won’t Tell You This Black Friday
Most people think of Black Friday as the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season and industry insiders are already predicting that Black Friday 2013 could be one of the biggest retail days that we’ve seen in a very long time, which is why they don’t want you to know these little Black Friday secrets.
1. The ‘sales’ aren’t so special- it seems like every store screams they’ve got a a sale, but it turns out that those sales aren’t as glittery as the digital, print, and TV advertisements would have you believe. It’s human nature to want to buy something because it’s got a big red sticker on it, but more often than not, the sale price really isn’t anything to get in a frenzy over.
2. You have to give something to get something- if you want to pick up the best deal available this Black Friday, chances are really good you’re going to have to give something up to the stores and that something is usually your contact info. There are even cases where you’ll only be given the discount if you pony up your personal info. Most stores won’t take advantage of the info you give them, but other stores will. And you risk the chance of being slammed with spam.
3. Your savings might not be instant- a lot of stores hand out promotional rebates, but if you don’t read the fine print, a Black Friday sale might not really be a sale that day. It’ll only become a sale 4-6 weeks later when your rebate check finally comes in the mail. If you’re shopping on a budget and watching every penny you need to keep in mind that your rebate may not get to you until January.
4. Supplies are seriously limited- you’ve seen the fliers saying that supplies are limited, but is that for real? Sure is. With big sales come big crowds and supplies go faster when there are more people buying products.
5. Black Friday is every day- have you ever considered that a lot of the deep discounts advertised for Black Friday are already available somewhere at this very moment? If you’re looking for the best and lowest price you can probably find it online.