5 Things Never to Keep Your Work Computer
So, there’s some stuff you should never be storing on your computer at work. We just had a meeting about this here at the station recently! But… someone went out and about and asked a bunch of Human Resources Pros what shouldn’t be on your work machine. Here’s the top 5:
1. Porn. This should be obvious. But people get caught with it on their work computers all the time. Especially if it’s a laptop they travel with or take home.
2. Personal photos or videos. Why? Because they can take up a lot of hard drive space. If someone in your IT department has access to your computer, they might tell your boss. Which makes you look unprofessional.
3. Video games. Again, you’ll look unprofessional if someone finds out that you’re playing games on the clock. Plus it could make your computer or your company’s servers more vulnerable to hackers.
4. Anything related to your side job, anything that has to do with a job search, like an updated resumé or cover letter.
5. Anything that has to do with offensive jokes or memes. You shouldn’t be sending dirty jokes through your work email in the first place. But if someone sends YOU something like that, delete it as soon as you can. People get fired for it all the time for stuff like that!
(Via: Business Insider)